Using Communication Styles: 2-hour presentation, 3-hour presentation or Full day workshop
Sometimes, despite our best efforts to explain ourselves or to understand another person, it just feels as if we are using different languages. It may seem crazy, but it’s actually true.
People can be split into 4 communication styles, each with its typical strengths and weaknesses, preferred occupations, style of learning and remembering new information and vocabulary. Recognizing our own communication styles and the styles of the people who come in contact with us can be critical to our success.
Moreover, when our attempts to communicate break, we sometimes blame ourselves for not “doing a good enough job communicating”, not being “a good listener” and the likes. Alternatively, we blame the other people of being bad communicators. This ultimately results in feeling bad.
By understanding that people are simply different, participants of this exciting presentation feel a great relief from self-blame and become more open and accepting towards others, which ultimately leads them to feeling happy.
What’s in the presentation?
Number of participants in this presentation: unlimited (25 for the full-day workshop).
Presentation running time:
- 2 hours, with a 5-minute break
- 3 hours, with a 15-minute break or
- 8 hours, with two 15-minute breaks and a 1-hour break for lunch
- Communication Styles self assessment
- The Visual communication style
- The Auditory communication style
- The Kinesthetic communication style
- The Digital communication style
- Practice (as time permits)
Benefits to the participants
- Participants discover their own communication styles
- Participants learn to discover the communicate styles of their team and/or family members
- Participants learn how to interact with other communication styles
- Participants feel good about themselves and increase their self esteem
- Participants feel good about others and develop their acceptance and tolerance
Benefits to the community/organization
- Improved communication and understanding
- Better results, improved efficiency and fewer problems
- Increased capacity
- Happy, relaxed and accepting people
Who is this presentation suitable for?
- Trading and Commerce government departments
- Youth Services government departments
- Corporations and companies – team building, improved communication, better workplace initiatives
- Employment agencies
- Personal Development festivals and events
- Human Resource departments – staff training, corporate events
- Schools – professional development for teachers
- Community organizations
Frequently Asked Questions
What problems does the communication styles presentation solve?
Here are some common issues people have, which they find solutions for in the Different Strokes for Different Folks presentation:
- Why do people argue?
- What is the effect if personal style on communication conflicts?
- How can separations and divorce in couples be prevented?
- How to solve conflicts in families
- How to solve communication conflicts in the workplaces
- How to help kids improve their learning
- How to minimize the divorce rate?
- How to help kids with learning difficulties
- How to handle kids with behavior problems?
- How to choose the right career for each person
- How to predict a person’s level of success rate based on their preferred learning style
- How to find the right stimulation for kids to be the best they can be
- How to to improve the communication and focus in the house
- What can parents do to design their family life the way they want it?
- Why do kids have challenges at school and how can parents help them at home?
- How to handle behavior challenges
- What hobbies are suitable for each communication style?
- How to motivate people by using the best communication styles
- How to understand other people
- How to make other people understand me
How long is the presentation?
Different Strokes for Different Folks comes in three formats:
- 2-hour presentation, providing a good understanding of communication styles – suitable for any size audience
- 3-hour presentation, providing a good understanding of communication style, as well as case studies and practice – suitable for any size audience
- Full day workshop, providing in-depth understanding and practical experience in recognizing and working with the different communication styles – suitable to up to 25 participants
Where do you offer the communication styles presentation?
We accept bookings from anywhere in the world, as long as the venue can accommodate the number of participants and provides a data projector and a whiteboard.
What’s special about Different Strokes for Different Folks?
Most people think there is a right way and a wrong way to say what you think or feel, which results in conflicts, followed by bad feelings towards others and a lot of frustration. However, it was discovered that people have different ways to communicate and each unique way has advantages and disadvantages.
While many communication programs focus on the “right” way to learn, talk, move or relate to others, our program gives people the permission to be themselves without the need to be anyone they are not. We teach each person to find his or her communication styles, to find how to leverage his or her style to be better, to learn better, to communicate better and to enjoy life more.
By that, we break the myth that uniqueness is a difficulty and present it as a gift. This program is unique, because professionals who have already studied communication styles, like teachers, psychologists and social workers, tell us there is nothing like this on the market and that some of the concepts presented are neglected in other programs.
Another difference is that the knowledge in the presentation is very practical and easily implemented. Participants go through self-assessment during the presentation and after only 2 hours, they have enough information and tools to characterize most of the people around them. There are many “Aha” moments, too.
We are very proud that this presentation gives participants the confidence and the focus to accept who they are and clear instructions to work on their own challenges and improve their communication with others.
Ronit Baras has a Bachelor of Education in Special Education and a teaching certificate in several countries. She is a Justice of Peace (in Queensland, Australia), holds a Diploma in Journalism and is an accredited Life Coach.
Ronit specializes in learning difficulties and gifted kids using emotional intelligence. She has over 24 years of experience in education, using coaching methods to enhance the academic, social and emotional development of children. Ronit is a public speaker on language acquisition, teaching with games, the learning process, goal setting, time management, communication styles and various other personal development-related topics. She has a column on education, parenting and life skills in a Melbourne-based newspaper. She was a regular contributor to Insight Magazine and writes for professional magazines.
Ronit has an extensive parenting experience, being the mother of 3 gorgeous kids, the oldest of which is now 20 years old. She currently lives with her husband and kids in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Complete the form below and enter “Different Strokes” as your desired presentation name, together with the duration (2-hour, 3-hour or full-day). Add as many specific details about your audience, your organization and any other circumstances for the workshop and click “Send”. Once we have received your request, we will get back to you within 2 business days.